Dear Spirit of Math Contest Participants,
February 26th, 2021 is just a few days away! In order to be well prepared, please read this announcement carefully to ensure you have all the information you need before the contest day.
Summary of what you will find in this announcement:
- Date and hours of the contest
- Format of contest
- Duration of each contest
- Contest rules
- Results and certifications
- Customer support
Date and hours of the contest:
- The contest will be held online on February 26th, 2021 from 12:00 am to 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Format of contest:
- The format of the contest is online. No paper copy of the contest will be distributed.
- The Spirit of Math learning management system, Brightspace, will be used to administer the contest online for both internal and external students.
- Students not in Spirit of Math classes will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org on February 22nd, 2021
- If by error, you are registered or placed in an incorrect contest grade, please email: email@example.com
- All participants will be added to the online course on Brightspace on February 22nd, 2021.
- Ensure you are enrolled in the correct grade that you registered for before the contest day
- Every effort has been made to ensure the online contest process is as smooth, fair, and secure as possible. However, we do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access to the online contest and we take no responsibility for technical issues beyond our control.
- No contest may be submitted past February 26, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST for any reason.
- Monday, February 22nd2021: login information sent from Brightspace
Duration of each contest:
- Grade 1-2: 20 questions in 30 minutes
- Grade 3-4: 30 questions in 45 minutes
- Grade 5-6: 40 questions in 60 minutes
- The contest is multiple-choice with four choices as answers to each question.
- Each question answered correctly is worth one mark, and the sum of the correct answers is the score.
- Marks are not taken off for wrong answers.
- No calculators or other counting tools are allowed.
- All participants will have only one attempt to complete the contest.
- All participants should start the contest at least one hour before closing time to avoid technical difficulties and submission issues.
- All participants must answer all the questions online.
- No one is permitted to provide hints or explain the questions to participants. If possible, parents, guardians, and/or siblings should leave the room where a participant is writing the contest for the entire duration.
- Parents or guardians are only allowed to read out the questions to grade 1 and 2 participants, if needed.
Results and certifications:
- The contest will be automatically marked by the online platform, Brightspace.
- The results and the full solution of the contest will be posted within the same online course on March 1st, 2021. Please log into your online course and follow the instructions on how to view your results and review the full solution.
- Participants who scored 80% or above will receive an honour roll digital badge in their emails which can be shared.
For non-technical inquiries or other questions, contact your nearest campus. Our office hours are from 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm within the respective time zone.
If you are enrolled in the incorrect grade, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ontario: 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm EST
Manitoba: 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm CST
Alberta: 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm MST
British Columbia: 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm PST
Practice resources can be found in our practice centre, located at: https://practice.spiritofmathcontest.com/